New motorcycles in Pakistan
The motorcycle industry is flourishing in Pakistan. There has been a year-on-year increase in the number of motorcycles produced in the country. From manufacturing 0.1million units in 2000 to over 1.6million in 2013, the numbers show a success story which is due to the investment of billion of rupees, use of latest technologies, new innovative designs and an increase in demand to match production.
The motorcycle market has matured
over time and can now cater to the varying needs of the people. From standard everyday motorcycles to sports bikes and stylish sports touring motorbikes, there is something for every buyer in the market. The big
names in the market for new motorcycles are Suzuki
and Kawasaki. There are a number of local brands and Chinese bikes also available in the market.
Tips for keeping your new bike in shape
- Read the owner’s manual thoroughly. The manual will help you understand the nature of your bike and the way you should take of it for optimum performance through-out its life. All models differ slightly from each other and it is important to identify with your particular bike.
- It is important to complete the running of the new vehicle carefully and according to the instructions in the manual. The standard period is 500km at 40kph, however, this may differ a little so be sure to refer to the manual.
- Change the engine oil at the required mileage and be sure to use the best mobile oil available. Trying to save money here will be cause for more concern and trouble in the future.
- Keep the bike neat, clean and dirt-free. If you allow dust and dirt to settle on the vehicle then it will lose its shine and natural colour.
- It is a good idea to keep a check on the battery of your bike. Maintain the battery fluid at the required levels and take the battery for an external recharge if the need arises.